Have the desire to study in South Korea and require funding? Then, have a look at the major Korean scholarship 2023-2024 for various postgraduate, undergraduate, and doctorate degrees and several research programs. Moreover, studying in any South Korean University could open doors to various opportunities in nowadays quickly growing competitive job market. GKS scholarship ( Global Korea Scholarship ) is under the most popular Korean scholarship choices, as the students could grab a chance to study in various programs from all over the world. Let’s dive into every detail of the Korean scholarship.
What is a GKS Scholarship?
This well-known Korean scholarship is a South Korean Government initiative that offers deserving students scholarships. This famous scholarship initiative permits students from across the world to study in South Korea. And National Institute for International Education, affiliated with the Ministry of Education in Korea, administers the GKS scholarship 2022 program. Every year, the Korean Government schedules a competitive scholarship program that becomes famous and provides students with many more global opportunities.
The program permits every student to complete their graduate, undergraduate, and doctoral degrees in Korea. Moreover, the major aim of the scholarship program is to offer a huge number of International students with several educational possibilities. As a result, GKS 2023 allows students from far and wide can grab a chance to achieve knowledge in top-ranked Korean Universities. Moreover, the Korean Government provides the scholarship program just to promote various educational exchanges on a global level.
How to get a GKS scholarship?
To achieve a Korean scholarship, you can fetch Apostille for GKS from two methods – university and embassy tracks. You can select only one option from these two. The major difference between the two is that to get the scholarship from the embassy track, you can choose only three universities. If you are selected, one of the three universities needs to choose you as their student. While for the university track, you can only select only one university and if you don’t get selected, then try next time. So, select wisely. Let’s know in detail about the two methods.
By applying via the embassy you can apply for scholarships in three universities that offer you the courses in which you are interested. Students are required to apply from Korean University applications, go through the website and apply for Korean Universities. To apply through the embassy track, you need to have apostilled documents. You need to clear three rounds to get admission to a university.
By applying via the university track, you are required to submit all your documents to the university of your dreams. You require a GKS apostille for South Korea , and you can achieve a scholarship when you succeed in passing the second round of selection. You are required to clear two rounds in this method.
Eligibility Criteria for GKS apostille for South Korea
If you want to study in South Korea on a scholarship basis, then make sure you pass the required 2023 Global Korea Scholarship eligibility criteria.
- Students applying for the scholarship should not be a citizen of Korea.
- Students’ parents should not be citizens of Korea.
- Students applying for graduate courses should be below 25 years of age.
- Students applying for postgraduate courses should be not more than 40 years of age.
- Students need to complete their previous education properly.
- Students should have a minimum score of 80% GPA in their previous education.
Moreover, the eligibility criteria for GKS-Graduate 2023-2024 is that the applicants are required to have a minimum of 16-18 years of formal education to apply for graduate courses. Moreover, the dates to apply for GKS-G in India are from 21 February 2023 to 9 March 2023, though the exact dates are not announced yet.
GKS scholarship benefits
The scholarship value is broken down in further detail below:
- The cost of the airfare is not a concern. They provide you with a quote for your economy-class airfare.
- A KRW 200,000 allowance is available for relocation.
- The monthly living allowance for undergraduate students is KRW 900,00.
- Every candidate qualifies for free government health insurance. At the beginning of each semester, this is sent twice a year.
- Up to 1,000,000 KRW per quarter, they will cover the entire cost of your Korean language classes.
- They pay for tuition at its cost (no more than KRW 5 million per semester).
- Students who possess a valid TOPIK level 5 or 6 are given a KRW 100,000 incentive each month.
- When the degree is finished, they provide an amount of KRW 100,000.
Documents of GKS Scholarship for India
Let’s find out the crucial documents that you require during the GKS scholarship 2023 Undergraduate application.
- Application Form 1.
- Personal Statement, Form 2.
- Form 3 Study Schedule.
- Form 4 single recommendation letter, which needs the recommender’s signature.
- GKS Applicant Agreement Form 5.
- Personal Medical Assessment Form 6.
- Application’s Citizenship Documents
- A diploma for high school graduation (or expected one).
- Records of grades from high school.
- Proof of age for the applicant.
- Evidence of descendants of Korean War veterans (if relevant).
- Proof-of-Overseas Korean document (if applicable).
- Documentation proving the renunciation of Korean citizenship (if applicable).
- Awards and additional credentials (if necessary).
- Copy of the applicant’s passport
- Korean proficiency certificate, only TOPIK score (optional).
- English proficiency certification such as TOEIC, IELTS, TOEFL, etc (optional).
GKS Scholarship for India – How to apply?
The actions you must take to ensure that your application process doesn’t get delayed are as follows:
Step 1: Click the “Apply Now” button and review the information on the scholarship.
Step 2: Carefully fill out the application form with the necessary information.
Step 3: Attach the required paperwork.
Application submission is step four.
Download the required application form in Step 5.
Step 6: Carefully complete the application form with all pertinent information, and attach all supporting documentation.
Apply for the scholarship through online mode via the Ministry of Human Resource Development portal.
The scholarship program boosts relations and mutual friendship between Korea and its various neighboring countries. Furthermore, the exotic scholarship program permits you to study in various top-rated Universities and study in Korea for free. Enhance your Korean language skills and grab good knowledge.