It is necessary for the students to study in order to enhance their learning process. These days so many facilities are available for the students to learn and to gather knowledge that they don’t need assistance from anybody else. Hence, these days self-study is becoming so much popular among students that almost every student is after self-study. The best part of self-study is it can happen anytime and anywhere. It keeps students busy in learning most of the time. Students who opt for self-study take assistance from online learning where they keep on learning through LMS login. LMS login makes their study online safe. Earlier students had to go through teacher centred learning where they were dependent on the teacher for every information and for the solution of their every query whereas today students are so much more efficient due to online learning that if they want to know the term what is ERP? Then they have to say “what is ERP?” in their education app and they will get a detailed answer for that.
Self-study is a type of study method in which the student directs his own study. This type of learning happens outside of the classroom and that too without any supervision of mentors or teachers. Self-study has been happening since early ages in our country as we all are aware of the great archer “Eklavya” who learned archery by self-learning and self-study. Through self-study, a student gets confidence, motivation, and self-esteem. Self-learning or self-study is the best way to make students take interest in learning and enhance their learning experience. The most interesting fact of self-learning is that students can control their own learning schedule and can learn or study according to their interests and need. So, let’s have a detailed study on the benefits of self-study:
- Students when they study on their own then they come to discover a lot of matter which even their tutors can’t search and deliver to them because they have to complete their course only whereas students have to search the updated content which can enhance their knowledge level and their information level according to their curriculum and syllabus.
- Self-study is that process where students search topics and their content according to their interest and likeness. This becomes part of their interest and due to this they are able to explore more than that of their books and they opt for various other reliable resources for obtaining information in order to get up-to-date data for the topics they are searching for. This enhances their confidence level also that they can tackle any situation on their own.
- Self-study boosts up the self-esteem of the students. It is so because students have no experience of life and they are treated as freshers in everything. So, in such a situation when students start self-study which is completely based on their skills where they don’t take any assistance from anyone or from any mentor then this boosts up the confidence level of the students and they muster the courage to face anything in this world on their own.
- During self-study students can learn, on their own terms without being burdened according to anyone else. They are free to choose their own subjects as well as topics in them and can research data and information about it with full freedom. Students can also gather knowledge by choosing a path by themselves.
- Self-study encourages curiosity in students and makes them search and find out some more data which can be the most updated and can be beneficial for their study. Other students mug up the books only but the students who go through self-study gather the latest knowledge. This study makes students study not only for memorizing but for understanding also.
On the basis of the above points, we can say that self-study is that tough process that initially bothers the students but later when students become well aware of this process then they become masters of searching and reading about the various topics. They become efficient enough to understand the subjects and their topic on their own and they rarely take the help of mentors. Apart from this their grammatical portion along with vocabulary also becomes efficient as compared to other students. Self-study is that mentor which never leaves the side of students. Check this to know why Chess training apps are becoming more and more popular. They are used by people who want to improve their chess skills or just want to learn the basics of the game.