A clogged drain can be a major annoyance. Fortunately, drain cleaning services in Holmdel, NJ are available to help. But if you’re trying to save money, you don’t have to look further than your kitchen cupboard for drain cleaning solutions! Here are five homemade drain cleaners that work:
- Baking Soda and Vinegar: This combination creates an impressive chemical reaction. First, pour hot water to loosen up any debris clogging the drain. Then, pour half a cup of baking soda and one cup of vinegar down the drain. Let it sit for 10-15 minutes before pouring hot water again and flushing the drain.
- Boiling Water: Sometimes, all you need to do is simply flush out your drain with boiling water! This is especially effective for sinks that have been clogged only recently.
- Salt, Baking Soda, and Vinegar: If you need a drain cleaner with a little more kick, this combination has you covered. First, mix one cup of baking soda and ½ cup table salt in the drain. Then pour one cup of vinegar down the drain and let it sit for 10 minutes. Finally, pour boiling water down the drain to flush out any debris.
- Lemon Juice: If you’re looking for a natural drain cleaner, lemon juice is your answer! Boil one cup of water before adding 1/2 cup lemon juice and pouring it down the drain. Let it sit for 10 minutes before flushing it with hot water. This can help break down any grease and dissolve odors.
- Baking Soda and Hot Water: Baking soda and hot water are another great drain cleaner. Start by pouring ½ cup of baking soda down the drain before adding one gallon of boiling water. Let it sit overnight before flushing with cold water.
These five homemade drain cleaners can help you save money and keep your drain clog-free! If these drain cleaning solutions don’t work, it may be time to call a drain cleaning service for help. A licensed and skilled plumber can quickly assess the issue and provide effective drain cleaning solutions. Call the professionals today to deal with a stubborn drain clog!